Help & FAQ

Go here to learn more about your site, view video tutorials and find answers to frequently asked questions.


Game OFF at Weymouth Street V. Cheddar , Reserves game also.

Match Reports

AFC Aldermaston 25/04/09 13 Jul, 2009

Warminster played host to AFC Aldermaston for the last home game of the season after a stellar performance in the final of the Wiltshire Senior Cup on Wednesday, where they ran their legs off with five players suffering from cramp in the later stages of the match. The manager had a full squad to select from and despite losing in the final the lads were up for the game. The game was a pleasure to watch with both teams playing some lovely football on the ground and even as the score line increased all credit has to be paid to Aldermaston who still played all the way to the final whistle and didn’t let their heads drop. Just after the quarter hour mark a Mike Reaney-Tom Baxter move opened the defence, for Baxter, to shoot from the corner of the penalty area over the advancing keeper to make it 1-0. A couple of minutes later a Mike Reaney shot bought out a superb reaction save from keeper Ben Smith. Both teams were playing good football but Aldermaston didn’t really challenge Warminster’s keeper Jamie McGuckian. Thirty seven minutes in a Baxter cross was met by M. Reaney, to head on from the edge of the 6yard box to see it hit the inside of the post and creep in to make it 2-0. On the half time mark a strong run by Louis Sparey down the line, crossed to Tom Welch who’s shot went straight to the keeper. Half time score 2-0 Six minutes into the second half after a spell of sustained pressure there was a scramble in the goal area with several shots being smothered and cleared off the line but the ball eventually fell to James Vincent to slot home from 5yards into an open goal to make it 3-0. Seven minutes later a Vincent corner to the back post was met by Mark Breffit to head home spectacularly to make it 4-0. Manager Jason Guy made his three substitutes with Mark Breffit, James Vincent & Mike Reaney coming off and Matt Guy, Jason Guy & Dave Watkins going on. Having only been on the field for five minutes Dave Watkins met a Sparey corner at the back post with his head, the keeper got his hands to it but it was too strong therefore making it 5-0. Five minutes later a cross by Sparey was met by M. Guy to head home but this goal was a bit unfair as the keeper Ben Smith was struggling after picking up a knock seconds earlier and unable to get back in time to prevent the goal, 6-0. Three minutes later Ben Smith pulled off a superb diving save from a Simon Reaney header as a result from a Greg Lewis cross. Two minutes after that Aldermaston forced McGuckian to pull off a good save after a cross was met by Ian Cadman. Five minutes later a free kick from the edge of the penalty area produced a fingertip save out of McGuckian when Cadman’s shot looked like it was going to dip down under the crossbar. The last five minutes was a goal fest but deceptively didn’t reflect the performance by Aldermaston. On eight five minutes a cross by S. Reaney found Jason Guy in front of goal to slot home to make it 7-0. Two minutes later a strong run by Sparey, who was twisting and turning, finally got his shot off from about 15yards to make it 8-0, Sparey got his brace minutes later when he met a Tom Welch cross to head home, with a possible deflection off an Aldermaston defender. 9-0. To prove that Aldermaston were not giving up, in the first minute of added on time, a cracking cross was met by Barry Smith who’s shot pulled out a save from McGuckian. The final score was 9-0. A credit to the Warminster players and to the Manager Jason Guy for there best finish in the league so far and for reaching the final of the Cup for the first time since 1953/54 season. Also to the back room staff for all the support work they have put in, in support of the team throughout the season. Hopefully this bodes well for next season. Aldermaston, despite the result, acquitted themselves superbly and hope that they can carry on their enthusiasm to next season. Report by Jan Loftus

Blackfield and Langley 18/04/09 13 Jul, 2009

Warminster travelled to second in the league Blackfield and Langley for their last away game of the season on the back end of four convincing wins and having the opportunity to climb up the table. The only player out was Mike Reaney (ankle) so Manager Jason Guy had a full squad to select from. Right from the outset the performance was dire to say the least, long hopeful balls were being played, the mid field were allowing Blackfield and Langley plenty of time and space, the back four were not as strong and reliable as they have been and the front two were not given any decent balls to play off. To add insult to injury there were decisions made that were questionable at best, which ruined what could have been a cracker of a game and maybe caused or attributed to the performance of Warminster. For the first twenty minutes Warminster were under pressure but thankfully Blackfield and Langley lacked the final ball to take the lead. On 20 minutes a James Vincent corner to the back post was met by Jason Guy who’s volley went just wide of the post. Nine minutes later Blackfield finally found the killer ball when Andrzej Walczak received the ball on his head. He headed it up and then over a ball watching Jamie McGuckian who made no effort to save thus making it 1-0.Three minutes later, after some casual defending, Blackfield doubled their lead when Paul Burnet cushioned the ball for Michael Newman to shoot low and hard from about 30yards to make it 2-0. Forty one minutes gone Ashley Wain bought down Neil Williams in the penalty area for a penalty to be awarded, up stepped Michael Durdey, to slot home making it a half time score of 3-0. The second half was slightly more positive for Warminster but far from the level of play that most know they are capable of. Four minutes in a quick free kick was bought down by Matt Guy played to Jason Guy who’s snap volley went just wide of the far post. Casual defending, again, resulted in Walczak being in a one-on-one with McGuckian to slot home to make it 4-0. Just past the hour mark a long ball by Simon Reaney down the line found Greg Lewis who’s cross to the back post was met by Matt Guy to head home to make it 4-1. Both teams used all three substitutes and for the rest of the game there were few chances. In the 77th minute McGuckian produced a good save onto the frame work from a header by Newman and at the opposite end in the 83rd minute a Lewis cross again met by Matt Guy, who’s header looped over the keeper and came off the cross bar. Full time score was Blackfield and Langley 4 Warminster Town 1 All in all a very disappointing performance and result. (Equalling the worst defeat of the season ( 3 goals)). Hopefully when Warminster travel to Chippenham on Wednesday for the final of the Wiltshire Senior Cup they will have put this defeat behind them and produce the standard of play that they are capable of playing and come away with the cup. Report by Jan Loftus

Hythe and Dibden 11/04/09 13 Jul, 2009

Dominant display by Warminster Warminster travelled to Hythe and Dibden in what many believed would be a bit of a grudge match considering when Warminster played host to them four weeks ago the game was interrupted by cautions and a sending off, but still Hythe and Dibden came back from 1-0 down with ten men to win by 2-1. Warminster have had two good results with clean sheets as well, and were out to keep the trend going especially with the Final of the Wiltshire Senior Cup fast approaching and several players out to prove they deserve a place in the team for the final. Both teams played some lovely football and it was a midfield game with Warminster having more of the possession and a greater creativity in the final third of the pitch. Warminster normally struggle playing on a slope and in the first half they played up the slope. The back four of Warminster were again having a superb game and not letting much get past them. The ball was kept on the floor and played through when possible but also some cracking cross field passes to change the angles were also used. Eleven minutes in the pressure and control from Warminster played dividend when Louis Sparey was played through, passed in to Tom Welch, who turned and laid the ball off to James Vincent who swung with his weaker foot first this rebounded back to him allowing him to turn onto his stronger foot and slotted home into the right hand corner leaving keeper Clint Davies no chance. Making it 0-1. For the rest of the ‘Normal time’ in the first half Warminster held Hythe and Dibden in the midfield and were producing some good football up front but couldn’t find the killer ball. Two minutes into injury time a short corner was played to Vincent who’s cross come shot floated into the top far corner, again leaving Davies no chance, doubling Warminster’s lead and notching a second for Vincent, 0-2. Five minutes into added on time Welch was played through, squared to Mike Reaney who’s shot, from 15 yards out, came off Sparey and found the net, thus making the half time score 0-3. The second half was much the same as the first with Warminster dominating the midfield for most of the half although Hythe and Dibden were being given more room to play but the resilient back four of Warminster dealt with what came through and for a second match in a row keeper Adam Collington had hardly anything to do in the whole game, save for a couple of punches and catches from the corners. Both teams used their benches but even with the changes Warminster kept their shape and Hythe and Dibden couldn’t break through. Final score Hythe and Dibden 0 Warminster Town 3 All in all it was a good quality game with Warminster making it three clean sheets in a row, giving Manager Jason Guy a headache when it comes to selection for the final. Written by Jan Loftus

Tadley Calleva 04/04/09 13 Jul, 2009

Warminster travelled to Tadley Calleva on a bright and sunny afternoon on the back of a good result last weekend. Warminster had almost a full team to pick from and a couple of players returning from injury boosted Manager Jason Guy’s selection. The playing surface was very dry and hard and the bounce deceived many players which resulted in a fairly scrappy game with plenty of innocuous challenges. Warminster got off to a flying start when, in the fourth minute, an Ashley Wain free kick from the edge of the penalty box, was hit low, hard and on target which screamed in to the bottom right hand corner to give the Town a 1-0 lead. After the goal Warminster allowed Tadley back into the game, allowing them the space to play some lovely one touch football but the back four of Warminster were not threatened. Twenty four minutes in a Simon Reaney corner was headed on by Tom Welch to bring out a great reaction save, off the line, out of Tadley’s keeper Darren Maunder to deny Welch a goal. On the half hour mark another Wain free kick from forty yards was hammered and hit the upright/crossbar join leaving every one ball watching. Despite the chances the half time score remained Tadley 0 Warminster 1. The second half was a totally different ball game Warminster came out and dominated the half from start to finish with the whole team playing as one and playing the ball through the Tadley defence. Tadley did play some good football but were neutralised in midfield by Warminster. On fifty one minutes Warminster doubled their lead when Louis Sparey played Simon Reaney through with a back heel flick for Reaney to toe poke the ball, under pressure from Maunder, into the net making it 0-2. Five minutes later Mike Reaney played through and from a tight angle shot across the goal to see his attempt go just wide of the far post. Both teams made use of their bench. Matt Guy returning from injury put in a good solid performance in the last half hour. Ashley Wain came off to be replaced by Simon Mead and Jason Guy came on with fifteen minutes left. Even with the replacements the Towns back four were still unchallenged. The match was put out of reach on the seventy five minute mark when M. Guy played Sparey through to split the defence whose shot was saved by Maunder for a corner. The resulting corner, taken by James Vincent, was met by an unchallenged Simon Mead to head home from close range. The only save that was made by Towns keeper Collington was made in the eighty seventh minute when Tadley had a shot on goal but it was a very comfortable save to make. This has to be a credit to the back four in particular, and also for the midfield for spoiling any chances Tadley tried to make. Tadley did play some good football but were hassled off the ball by a stronger side and seemed to lack imagination in the final third. Final Score Tadley Calleva 0 Warminster 3 Overall a good result for Warminster and a clean sheet as well. Teams:- Tadley Calleva: Darren Maunder, Ashley Perry©, Paul Rolfe(62), Matt Austin, Michael Lonnon, Andy Johnson, Ashley Ledger, Richard Willcock(76), Alex Franklin, Peter White(76), Nick Willcock. Subs, Johnny Doyne(76), Robert Lang(62), May Tyrone(76). Warminster : Adam Collington, Tom Baxter, Mark Breffit, Ashley Wain(62), Dave Watkins, Mike Reaney©, Simon Reaney(59), Greg Lewis(77), Louis Sparey, James Vincent, Tom Welch. Subs, Simon Mead(62), Matt Guy(59), Jason Guy(77). Report by Jan Loftus

Andover New Street 28/03/09 13 Jul, 2009

Warminster produced a game of two halves when they hosted Andover New Street at Weymouth Street. The first half showed the quality of football that Warminster are capable of and the second half was more a disappointing affair allowing Andover to play. Both teams started quickly with lots of good football being played by both teams but Warminster had the upper hand with them returning to the ’keeping the ball on the floor’ football, not the long hopeful balls that they have played in recent games. Eight minutes in Louis Sparey was played through the Andover defence to be in a one-on-one situation with the Andover keeper David Tasker, he rounded the keeper only to shoot wide of an open goal from 5 yards out. This appeared to be a bad omen, but this was put to rest when four minutes later a corner by James Vincent found the head of an unchallenged Simon Reaney who headed home to make it 1-0. On eighteen minutes Warminster doubled their lead when Sparey was again played through, off an Andover defender’s head this time, for a one-on-one with Tasker only this time he side footed a shot around him from fifteen yards out to make it 2-0. Almost immediately Tom Welch produced a strong run through the Andover defence and calmly but cheekily chipped Tasker to make it 3-0. For the remainder of the half Warminster took their foot off the accelerator seemingly comfortable with the three goal lead. Andover only had one shot as such on Warminster’s goal but this went straight into Jamie McGuckian’s hands. Half time score was 3-0. The second half, Warminster came out and allowed Andover to play some good football by hanging back allowing them time and space. Warminster seemed confident that the three goal lead was more than enough to secure the three points. Even though Andover were three goals down, credit has to be given to them for putting up a challenge and not letting their heads drop even though both substitutes were used in the first half because injury, one of which was there captain. Although Andover were let back into the game and started running Warminster around the park there was only one real save made by McGuckian and that was 68 minutes in. Warminster’s back four had a solid game dealing fairly comfortably with what Andover were throwing at them. The weeks rest seemed to have recharged the batteries after a chaotic 5 weeks where they played nine games. The game was finally put to bed in the last minute of normal time when Welch made a strong run down the line, cut inside, passed to Sparey who was five yards out, and slotted home into an open goal to make it a final score of Warminster 4 Andover 0. Written by Jan Loftus

Downton 21/03/09 13 Jul, 2009

Warminster struggle! Warminster produced yet another lack lustre performance against third from bottom Downton. Having played their hearts out on Tuesday to reach the Final of the Wiltshire Senior Cup there were many questions asked about there performance on Saturday. Warminster lost 2-3 to Downton earlier in the season and Downton were looking to complete the double. The game got off to a flying start with half chances by Louis Sparey and Tom Baxter in the first 4 minutes and Sparey had a long shot bobble just in front of Downton’s keeper Colin Hopkins after being played through by James Vincent, but this didn‘t last. Downton were playing a spoiling game in midfield and frustrating Warminster, who then resorted to playing hit and hope long balls which Downton’s defence easily dealt with. Twenty six minutes in Downton took the lead through Matt Alford after he was played in by a Liam Hanlon cross who ran on goal and scored at the near post. The rest of the half was not producing any efforts on goal and Downton were playing by far the better football so the half time score was 1-0. The second half started in the same vain as the first with Downton dominating play and possession but not troubling Warminster’s Keeper Collington. Just short of the seventy minute mark substitute Mike Reaney made a strong run to the goal line, turned in and shot from a narrow angle to see his effort hit the underside of the cross bar and bounce onto the goal line and cleared for a corner. A couple of minutes later Warminster were awarded a free kick just outside the penalty area for Mike Reaney to blast straight into the wall. The rebound fell to Ashley Wain who shot low and hard on goal for the keeper to get his hands too but the power of the shot was too much and Warminster levelled the score against the general run of play. From the goal Warminster took some hope, and the quality of football from both teams improved with Warminster starting to play there passing football and dominating more and more but it was too little too late and Warminster disappointingly dropped another two points. Warminster host Andover New Street on the 28th and need to up there game and show a lot more consistency if they are going to finish the season strongly. Teams:- Downton: Colin Hopkins©, Shaun Hartley(47), Jonathan Wilkinson, Ben Cross, Ben Smith, Liam Hanlon, Matt Alford, David Pearce, Kevin Thick, Mark Daubney(84), Matt Holmes, Substitutes:-Kevin Booth(47), Oliver Hoare(84), Michael Pratt, Ryan Bishop. Warminster: Adam Collington, Simon Reaney, Tom Baxter(73), Ashley Wain©, Dave Watkins, Simon Mead, Greg Lewis, Jason Guy, Louis Sparey, James Vincent, Darren Guy(59), Substitutes:- Mike Reaney(59), Liam Flowers, Mark Breffit(73). Written by Jan Loftus

Hythe and Dibden 14/03/09 13 Jul, 2009

Warminster humbled by 10 men. Warminster met Hythe & Dibden for the first time this season, with the return fixture being on the 11th April. Warminster were sluggish out of the blocks and were not playing there usual style of football for the second game in a row. This match was not clinched in the final ten minutes but was lost in the space of two minutes by some poor decision making by keeper Jamie McGuckian and some arrogance playing against 10 men from the 31st minute. Warminster did show brief glimpses of the standard of football that they can play and four minutes in a clever low corner from Louis Sparey to the near post was met by Tom Baxter who’s shot from about 5yards out went wide of the post. Hythe & Dibden were playing the far superior football and ten minutes in Hythe’s Daniel Fox broke down the right and crossed from the goal line into Jamie Way whose shot went just over the bar. The game was a hard fought affair with plenty of strong challenges being made, however thirty one minutes in, Hythe’s keeper John Howard came out of his area for a challenge and as a result of this challenge the referee had no hesitation in showing the keeper a straight red card. Hythe’s Toby Redwood took up station in their goal and had a very good game even though he was rarely challenged to any extent. At half time the score line was 0-0. The second half was again a scrappy affair. The ten men of Hythe showed more of a team spirit throughout the second half and chased the game. Warminster seemed to take it for granted that against ten men it would just be a matter of time until they would score and ultimately take the three points. This allowed Hythe to run at Warminster and keep up the pressure which eventually paid off. On fifty five minutes Warminster scored when a long throw was headed on by Jason Guy, which fell to Louis Sparey who took one touch, turned and shot on goal only for the replacement keeper to get his hands to it but there was too much pace on the ball and the ball found the net to make it 1-0. On the hour Hythe’s Redwood pulled off a good save from a Jason Guy effort. Hythe made use of their bench to put fresh legs on and this gave the visitor fresh hope. Warminster also used the bench but were lacking an impact player to put the game to bed with Mike Reaney and Matt Guy still sidelined due to injury. Seventy nine minutes in a free kick from Hythe’s Wayne O’Dell into the penalty area, bought out McGuckian who only flapped at the ball, was met by Justin Chapman to head home and give Hythe a deserved equalizer. From the restart Hythe’s John Mulhern’s long cross found McGuckian off his line and flew into the far corner of the net to give Hythe the lead which they comfortably kept. Final score 1-2 If Warminster hope to proceed to the final of the Wiltshire Senior Cup on Tuesday when they meet Wootton Bassett they need to improve their attitude and some harsh decisions need to be made. Written by Jan Loftus

Amesbury Town 11/03/09 13 Jul, 2009

Local encounter provides a win against play. Warminster hosted Amesbury Town on the back of a good draw against Totton &Eling;, but were without Matt Guy (Shoulder) and captain Mike Reaney (foot). Right from the kick off Amesbury put Warminster under pressure with some lovely football being played and it only took Amesbury three minutes to have their first chance on goal. A long kick out from keeper Danny Harrison bounced over Warminster’s central defence, Amesbury’s Lukasz Labedzki latched onto the ball for a one-on-one with Warminster’s keeper Jamie McGuckian who pulled off a superb save to deny Amesbury the lead. Four minutes later the Warminster defence was split open for Nicholas Turpin, Amesbury’s top scorer, to be in a one-on-one with McGuckian, who once again denied Amesbury the lead with another superb save. Amesbury were teaching Warminster a lesson in football with excellent ball control. Warminster were hanging back and playing deep allowing Amesbury the time to play the ball through, rather than over, the back four. On twelve minutes Turpin was again played through, to chip McGuckian, only to see the ball hit the inside of the post and run along the goal line for McGuckian to scramble back and collect the ball amid shouts that the ball had crossed the line. On eighteen minutes Jason Guy played his way through and from the edge of the penalty area, took a shot, which deflected by an Amesbury defender which caused Amesbury’s keeper to palm the ball just wide of the post. Thirty nine minutes in J. Guy laid off to Louis Sparey who’s shot was palmed out for a corner. Warminster were on the back foot for most of the first half but for some good defending from Dave Watkins and Ashley Wain. Amesbury’s Daniel Finnigan was strong in the centre of their defence even though he was rarely troubled. Half Time score was 0-0. The second half was a tail of two halves. Amesbury started the stronger of the two sides. Warminster’s Sparey was played through by J. Guy but the keeper reacted quickly and smothered the ball before Sparey could shoot. Just pass the hour Sparey was again played through for a one-on-one with Harrison who pulled off a good one handed save. Minutes later a clearance from Watkins went straight up and fell to Turpin who tried to lob McGuckian but went just over. Seventy six minutes in Turpin was again played through and shot from 20yards out only to see it go just wide. On the break Baxter crossed to J. Guy who squared to Welch who’s shot pulled out a great one handed from Harrison. Warminster took some hope from this and on eighty two minutes a Sparey corner was headed by substitute Mead over Harrison to give Warminster the lead against the run of play. In the first minute of time added on Warminster made sure of the three points when Welch played Sparey out wide who cut in and side footed the ball around Harrison to make it a final score 2-0 Teams:- Warminster:-McGuckian, Reaney S., Breffit, Wain©, Watkins (72), Lewis, Baxter (79), Guy J., Sparey, Guy D. (82), Welch. Subs:- Mead (72), Vincent (82), Flowers (79). Amesbury:- Harrison, Johnson©, Pryce, Smith, Finnigan, Bowden, Jones N., Cooper, Turpin, Labedzki, Bartlett L. Subs:- Bartlett S., Jones R., Vallis, Thompson. Report by Jan Loftus WTFC.

Totton and Eling 07/03/09 13 Jul, 2009

Good draw for Warminster. Warminster hosted top of the table Totton and Eling for what many hoped to be a good clash of football but the game ended up being a very hard fought match. Just before kick off, Jason Guy, Warminster's Player Manager, was presented with the Club of the Month Award for January. Warminster were still without captain and centre half Mike Reaney. The game never really got started into the flowing football that both teams are capable of producing and both sides were hitting long balls into the final third of the pitch. The first twelve minutes never caused either keeper to be tested as both sets of back fours easily dealt with any advances made.On thirteen minutes Warminster's Matt Guy's cross was met by Tom Baxter to be headed on goal for Totton's keeper Lee Savident to tip over the bar. Twenty five minutes in a long ball was played through and split the Warminster defence which was crossed for Totton's Danny Mockeridge to shot just wide.A minute later Totton's Matt Hardiman's chip went just over the bar. On thirty nine minutes a long ball by keeper Savident put Stephen Eyles through for a one on one with Warminster's keeper Jamie McGuckian but McGuckian pulled off a superb save with his feet. The rest of the half was played in the middle of the park with no more chances on goal. Half time score 0-0 Totton came out from half time stronger than Warminster and tried to dominate. Nine minutes in, Warminster, on the break, provided a long ball to Louis Sparey on the right wing who squared with a cross to the far post for Matt Guy to slot the ball in the roof of the net from close range to give Warminster a 1-0 lead against the general run of play but also injuring himself at the same time. The next nine minutes were a battle in the centre of the park with Warminster starting to dominate when, from a free kick just on the edge of the box, Daniel Steer floated the ball into the penalty area for Steve Marwood to head the ball over McGuckian to bring the game level at 1-1. Three minutes later Warminster's Tom Welch was bundled over in the penalty area and a penalty was awarded. Ashley Wain stepped up only to shot over the cross bar. The rest of the match didn't create anymore definitive chances for Totton and Warminster only had a Louis Sparey cross into the box headed straight at Totton's Keeper Savident by Tom Welch with eight minutes left. All in all it was a good draw for Warminster who played in front of 113 spectators, the second highest attendance in the league for Warminster this season. Teams were as follows:- Warminster:- Jamie McGuckian GK, Simon Reaney, Mark Breffit, Ashley Wain, Dave Watkins, Greg Lewis, Tom Baxter, Jason Guy, Louis Sparey, Matt Guy (66), Tom Welch. Substitutes :- Darren Guy, Simon Mead, James Vincent (66). Totton and Eling:-Lee Savident GK, Nicholas Jenkin, Daniel Steer, Steve Marwood, Lee Thorne, Mark Lloyd, Adam Lowther (77), Stephen Jenkin, Stephen Eyles (83), Danny Mockeridge, Matt Hardiman. Substitutes :-Matthew Monk (77), Luke Kelsey (83), Jamie Feasey, Chris Whitehorn, Denis Wheeler GK. Report by Jan Loftus

Fleet Spurs 04/03/09 13 Jul, 2009

Town Preform Well Warminster played host to botton of the league Fleet Spurs on a chilly evening. Warminster got off to a flying start when only three minutes in Louis Sparey scored after a clearing kick from Fleet rebounded off Sparey to go over the keeper Meakings who didn't stand a chance. Eleven minutes later the lead was doubled by Sparey with a tap in from an acute angle. Fleet were given a life line when Warminster conceeded a penalty which Sam Knowles converted and this gave Fleet some confidence . Warminster's third was from Matt Guy just before the half hour and the forth came on thirty seven minutes when Tom Baxter headed home. Half Time score was 4-1. The second half saw both teams playing some good football and even being three down the Fleet players' heads never dropped which was nice to see.Warminster's keeper didn't really have any major saves to make even with the Town's regular captain and centre half out injured. Finally with eight minutes of normal time to play the game was finally put to bed when Tom Welch found the net for a final score of Warminster 5 Fleet Spurs 1. Wtitten by Jan Loftus

Petersfield Town 28/02/09 13 Jul, 2009

Draw was a fair result. Petersfield played host to Warminster having beaten them 1-0 at Warminster earlier in the season. The first half was a clean but hard fought affair with Warminster creating more chances than the hosts. Eleven minutes in a Tom Welch-Matt Guy One-Two put Welch through for him to cross to Louis Sparey who's shot in front of the goal from six yards out somehow managed to go wide. Warminster's keeper Adam Collington and Petersfield Keeper Lloyd Patilla were both kept busy but neither really tested until the stroke of half time when Petersfield's Liam Sewell 20yard shot went just wide. Half time score was 0-0. The start of the second half saw Warminster have more of the ball but failed to convert the possession with a goal, even though Louis Sparey's shot from close range on forty eight minutes bought out a good reaction save out of Lloyd Patilla. Fifty eight minutes into the match Warminster conceded a penalty and up stepped Petersfield's Paul Baker to put Petersfield one up. Sixty four minutes into the match Petersfield's Aaron Fennemore's 10yard shot bought out a good one handed save out of Warminster's Keeper Collington. On the quick break from the save Warminster's Matt Guy's long cross field pass fell to Tom Welch whose first time shot from 10yards out bought out a superb reaction save out of Petersfield's Lloyd Patilla.Six minutes later an Ashley Wain free kick from about 30yards was floated into the penalty area for Warminster's player manager Jason Guy to head home for a well deserved goal and level the scores. With fifteen minutes of normal time still to play Petersfield were reduced to 10 men when Nick Clark picked up his second yellow card and was sent from the field of play, however Warminster were not able to capitalise on this leaving the final score 1-1. All in all the game was played in good spirit. Warminster came away feeling a bit frustrated have good spells on the ball but failing to convert this into goals. Written by Jan Loftus